Effective Date: February 2023
BrandCollab and its partners (“HouseLab”) is committed to a transparent and strong privacy practice.
We’ve created this policy to give you information about how we collect, hold, use and disclose information about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (as defined under “Personal Information” below).
17865 106a Ave NW Unit 101
Edmonton, AB T5S 1V8
Your privacy is important to us, so we encourage you to take the time to get to know our practices.
This policy applies
- (i) immediately to Users who utilize the Service on or after the Effective Date and
“Effective Date” means the date set forth at the beginning of this document.
“Financial Account Information” means your credit card number, credit card expiration date, and credit card verification code, all with respect to one or more credit cards that you have the lawful right to use, and your bank account number, bank account title, bank name, branch location, and routing number, all with respect to one or more accounts that you have the lawful right to access; provided “Financial Account Information” does not include the last four digits of your credit card number.
“HouseLab Affiliates” means any entity under common control with HouseLab.
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number or email address.
“Property” means a residential unit (whether a house, unit, apartment or other abode).
“Property Page” means the online set of web pages, hosted on the Website, that relates to a particular Property.
“Service” means the cloud-based residential construction platform services provided by HouseLab via the Website, and includes the maintenance and operation of Property Pages in relation to each Property.
“User” means an individual who has a User Account (whether that user is a homeowner, contractor or professional).
“User Account” means an account registered with the Service and permitting access to the Service, with which is associated a user name and password.
“User Content” means images, comments, and other content, information, and materials that you post to or through the Service.
“Website” means www.houselabpro.com or any other website operated by HouseLab.
3. Collection of your Personal Information
HouseLab collects Personal Information as permitted by applicable law, including by the following means:
HouseLab collects Personal Information when a User:
- (i) Creates a User Account;
- (ii) Logs into the Website;
- (iii) Interacts with the Website;
- (iv) Uploads User Content to, or generates User Content on, the Website; and
- (v) Communicates with HouseLab through the Service or otherwise when HouseLab interacts with you, such as when you respond to our online promotions or emails.
HouseLab uses various web analytics tools in the course of rendering its services. These tools enable us to analyze User behavior, compile statistical reports on such usage, and provide related services that help us to enhance user experience on our Website.
We may employ, and/or our third-party tracking utility company may employ, software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. “Web Beacons”), that help us better manage content on our Website by informing us what content is effective. These gifs (or other tracking technology) may be included in or associated with emails or other communications that you receive from us (or our partners) in order to help us track your response and interests and to deliver you relevant content and services. For example, they may let us know when you take actions based on the emails that we send. We may tie information gathered by clear gifs or other tracking technology to Personal Information.
Our servers may automatically record certain information about how a person uses our Website and Service (we refer to this information as “Log Data”), including both User Account holders and non-account holders. Log Data may include information such as a User’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our Website or Service to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which the Website or Service is used by a user, search terms used by a user, the links on our Website or Service that a user clicked on or used, and other statistics. We use this information to administer the Service and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Service by expanding its features and functionality and tailoring it to our users’ needs and preferences.
HouseLab may also collect Personal Information if you apply for a job or consultancy engagement with HouseLab, are a potential supplier to HouseLab, or a potential investor.
4. Use of Personal Information
HouseLab uses your Personal Information for multiple purposes, including but not limited to:
- Processing job or supplier applications;
- Providing information on the Website or Services (eg. via newsletters)
- Providing targeted offers to Users;
- Administering the Website for communications among and between Users and the public in general;
- Evaluate eligibility of User for certain offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to Users;
- Provide User support;
- Communicate with Users regarding support, security, technical issues, commerce, marketing, and transactions;
- Facilitate marketing, advertising, surveys and promotions;
- Administer the Website, Service, User Accounts and transactions with respect to User Accounts;
- Allow you access to a Project Page on the Website;
- Enforce our contracts, administer and carry out our obligations under contracts and comply with the law.
The User of the Services is responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of any information submitted by Users to the Website. HouseLab does not review or monitor any collection, use or disclosure by clients or users of information submitted to, shared or stored in the Website. To the extent permitted by law, and otherwise subject to the terms of any agreement in place between HouseLab and the User, HouseLab bears no responsibility to any User or third party in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of any information stored on the Website.
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- Third parties which act for us or provide services for us (including, without limitation, billing and credit card payment processing, maintenance, administration, support, hosting, and database management services). We only share your Personal Information with these third parties to perform these tasks on our behalf and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose unless you otherwise expressly consent;
- Any person in connection with the investigation of possible fraud, or as part of legal proceedings affecting HouseLab;
- Any person or government agency in response to a subpoena or other legal proceeding;
- To a government agency in response to an investigation, regardless of whether or not a subpoena has been issued;
- Any person to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property, or safety of others; to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, unauthorized, or harmful; or as required by law; and
- Outside professional advisors (such as lawyers and accountants) for purposes such as auditing, compliance, and corporate governance.
Generally, the Website may collect and analyze usage and performance information that is not Personal Information, or that HouseLab aggregates or de-identifies so that it is not personally identifiable. From time to time, HouseLab may release this information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Service or Website.
7. Storage and Security
We believe the security of your information is a serious issue and we are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your information under our control. Notwithstanding such measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website. We also are not responsible for the actions of any third parties to whom you disclose any such information.
8. Email Policies
HouseLab may send you emails relating to your User Account, notifications and the Service. We will give you the ability to opt out of marketing-related emails by logging in and changing your account settings or by clicking on a link at the bottom of each such email. In some of our communications, we use tracking means, to tell us when an email is opened or a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Website. We track this data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. You cannot opt out of receiving certain non-marketing emails regarding the Service, and you agree to receive them.
9. Third Parties Sites
10. Interactions with Others
The Service may contain areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others, submit media content, and/or review goods, services, or vendors, such as discussion boards or blogs. Any information, including Personal Information that you post there, will be public and may be viewed by the public at large, and therefore anyone who accesses such postings will have the ability to read, collect, and further disseminate such information. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage, or dissemination of information posted or otherwise made available on such portions of the Website.
There are also areas on the Website where you will be interacting with others that you have invited to your Property Page. Any information shared in these areas will be deemed public and we will have no control over how this information is used. However the people you invite to your Property Page will only have access to areas where you have provided permissions. You will have control to manage those permissions.
11. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
All HouseLab account holders may review, update, correct, or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by logging into their User Account. You may also contact us directly to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions. However, please note that removing your information may limit our ability to provide the Service to you. We must also retain certain information in order to provide you the Service. If you completely delete all such information, your User Account will be deactivated and you will lose access to the Service. Upon termination of your User Account or your request at any other time, we will take reasonable steps to provide, modify, or delete your Personal Information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law. We may limit or reject your request in certain cases, including without limitation where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, where the rights of other persons would be violated, or as required by law. We will take reasonable steps to respond to all requests within 30 days. You may close an account, but HouseLab may nevertheless retain your Personal Information so as to protect the business interests of HouseLab, HouseLab Affiliates, vendors, and other users. Those interests include the completion of transactions, maintaining records for financial reporting purposes, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing agreements.
13. Business Transfers